Skip to main content

Glenn Close's Post-Oscar Meeting with the BTC

(GLENN CLOSE is sitting around a conference table with JEFF, VAL, ALEX, and IKE.)

GLENN: As some of you may know, I lost the Oscar for Best Leading Actress to She-Who-Will-Die-of-Being-Eaten-By-Mountain-Goats.

ALEX: You mean Meryl Streep?

(GLENN takes out a baseball bat, and hits ALEX in the stomach. He falls to the ground screaming in pain.)

GLENN: Sorry, that's an immediate reaction I have to hearing that name.

JEFF: You carry a baseball bat around with you?

GLENN: You never know when you're going to run into Julianne Moore.

VAL: Am I the only one who's turned on right now?

IKE: Miss Close, I'm sure you'll win the next time you're nominated.

(GLENN strokes his cheek tenderly, like Ted Bundy would have.)

GLENN: Oh little Andrew. I was going to wait until after we'd made love tonight and I'd rubbed your little head between my withered breasts, but I suppose I can explain it to you now--

IKE: Wait, you were going to do what?

VAL: You're so lucky.

JEFF: Val, you're not a lesbian.

VAL: And Glenn is not a woman. She's a force of nature. Like a hurricane or a tomato.

JEFF: That's--

GLENN: No matter how many times I'm nominated, Meryl will always beat me. If I do "The Clara Barton Story" she'll do "The Florence Nightingale Story." If I do "Betsy Ross" she'll do "Martha Washington." If I do "Eat Pray Love 2" she'll do "Eat Pray Love 3: Back to Bombay."

ALEX: That last one sounds like a winner.

(GLENN kicks him in the face. He yelps.)

GLENN: I keep looking at you and seeing Jeremy Irons.

ALEX: We look nothing alike.

GLENN: You have his pretentious aura. Ooh! That reminds me. We need to start rehearsal.

JEFF: For the show that opens tomorrow that we haven't even blocked yet?

GLENN: Hahahahaha blocking is for Communists and Michelle Pfeiffer. No, we're going to rehearse my Oscar fantasy.

(EVERYONE groans.)

GLENN: SILENCE!

(They shut up.)

GLENN: Put on your masks!

(EVERYONE puts on a different mask.)

GLENN: Let's begin. Valerie Michelle Williams.

VAL: (With a MICHELLE WILLIAMS mask on, holding an index card.) I'm sorry I won a Golden Globe this year, and you didn't. I'm a talentless hack and a curvaceous harlot who should be strung up in the town square.

JEFF: What town?

GLENN: Thank you for that, Michelle. That was very touching. Loved the imagery. Andrew Rooney Mara?

IKE: (With a ROONEY MARA mask, holding an index card.) I'm sorry I slept with all of Hollywood so I could get the role that was rightfully yours.

JEFF: (To VAL.) She's years too old for that role.

VAL: She can do anything, Jeff! She played a Dalmatian for godsakes!

JEFF: No, she--

IKE: ...And Daniel Craig only ever loved you.

GLENN: I knew it! God it feels good to be right all the time. Okay, let's hear from Viola Davis.

ALEX: Which one of us is--

(JAMES BURGIS enters.)

ALEX: --Oh sweet lord.

GLENN: Well, I didn't want to offend anybody.

(JAMES puts on his VIOLA DAVIS mask, and reads from an index card.)

JAMES: I'm sorry I won the Screen Actor's Guild Award and that I then thanked Meryl for inspiring me as an actress, but not you. You are the sun. You are the rain.

JEFF: Is he quoting Lionel Ritchie?

JAMES: --That makes my life this foolish game. I loved you in Mars Attacks and I one day hope to play you in the movie of your life when I stop worshiping false idols and learn what it is to be an actress.

(JAMES exits.)

JEFF: Well, that certainly wasn't offensive.

GLENN: And now we come to She-Who-Will-Not-Be-

ALEX: Meryl?

(GLENN hits him again with the bat.)

ALEX: I never learn.

GLENN: Jeffrey Montgomery Sally Meryl Streep?

(JEFF puts on his MERYL mask. He has no index card. GLENN gasps.)

GLENN: We meet again.

JEFF: Glenn, you know why I'm here.

GLENN: To kill yourself in front of me. Fine. Just go slowly and focus mostly on your face.

JEFF: No, Glenn. I'm here to tell you that I love you.

GLENN: What is this? Some sort of witch trickery?

JEFF: We can't go on hating each other like this. Spreading lies and wishing ill of each other.

VAL: Why not? That's what art is all about!

JEFF: Hold me, Glenn. Hold me and let's put all this behind us.

GLENN: (With tears running down her face.) Oh Glenn, how I want to. How I truly want to, but...

JEFF: If you do, I'll do that Siamese twin movie we've always talked about...

GLENN: Really?!?

VAL: Don't do it, Glenn! It's a trick!

GLENN: And afterwards we can take turns making love to Andrew?

IKE: Okay, can I just remind everyone that one of these women is just Jeff in a mask?

JEFF: We can do whatever you want. But embrace me first.

(GLENN goes rushing into JEFF's arm, where JEFF tasers her, and she falls to the ground. JEFF pulls off his mask.)

VAL: Noooooooooooooo!

JEFF: Shut up, Val. We have twenty-four hours to mount Fatal Attraction: The Musical. Let's get moving.

IKE: What about Miss Close?

JEFF: We'll find a movie theater that's still playing Man on a Ledge and lock her in there. Nobody will ever find her.

ALEX: Can I light her on fire first? It might be the only way to kill her.

JEFF: There's no time.

(JEFF puts on his director beret.)

JEFF: We've got work to do.

(VAL weeps over the unconscious body of GLENN ClOSE.)

To Be Continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A List of People Who Can Go to Hell Now That I Can't Have Elizabeth Warren

So today was a rough day for everybody who isn't a @#$%-ing #$%hole. Let's just start there. If that upsets you, by all means, go straight to hell. This entire rant is going to be exactly what it sounds like. I am mad and I am going to exercise my right to BLOG ABOUT IT LIKE IT'S 1995, SO BUCKLE UP, BUTTERCUP. I really don't even know where to start, so let's just jump right in with the first person who comes to mind. Bloomberg, go to hell.  You really didn't have anything specific to do with today, but you can just go to hell for spending an ungodly amount of money on literally nothing.  I mean, you could have lit millions of dollars on fire and at least warmed the hands of the homeless, but instead, you made tv stations across the country that are already owned by Conservatives rich, so kudos to you and go to hell. Amy Klobuchar, I STUCK UP FOR YOU AMY.  I got into FIGHTS on SOCIAL MEDIA while DEFENDING your sorry, self-interested ass.  You know

Theater and the Outbreak

After last week's interview, a representative from a theater that recently experienced the results of opening too soon reached out to speak with me. I want to thank this person for coming forward in the hopes that it'll change some minds about what's safe and what isn't when it comes to the performing arts. Here's the interview: ME:  So this wasn't a full production or-- THEM:  No. It was us trying to do a little something for friends and donors. ME:  Who is 'us?' THEM:  The board of _____. ME:  And how long have you been on the board? THEM:  Three years. ME:  What was this going to be? THEM:  There's a, uh, beautiful park here in town, and we wanted to do an outdoor performance of a Shakespeare as a benefit, because, as you know, theaters are having a hard time right now paying the bills. We checked with the local government and the health department for the state to make sure we were doing everything the way we needed to in order to keep everyone s

People You Know Are More Important Than People You Don't Know

This post is in response to arguing with people--straight and gay alike--about a certain celebrity, whether or not she's an ally, if she's pandering, if pandering matters, and whether or not I'm an asshole. The last part is probably an enthusiastic "Yes" but let's reflect on this for a bit anyway without actually giving more time to an argument about a person none of us know, which is a crucial part of what I want to talk about. People you know are more important than people you don't know. I realize it's tricky in an age where we've never been closer or more engaged to our celebrities to keep in mind that we do not know them, they are not our friends, and while we may love them and stan and feel like we're attacked when they're attacked-- That is not true. That is not real. They are in no tangible way connected to us. Now, as someone who is obsessed with pop culture, I get that it's a little hypocritical for me to be making