Skip to main content

I Agree with Rush Limbaugh

Confession.

The title was meant to intrigue you. So if you're reading this, it worked.

This week, Rush Limbaugh was quoted--by others, and then by himself, odd--as saying that he hope Obama fails.

"See, here's the point. Everybody thinks it's outrageous to say. Look, even my staff, "Oh, you can't do that." Why not? Why is it any different, what's new, what is unfair about my saying I hope liberalism fails? Liberalism is our problem. Liberalism is what's gotten us dangerously close to the precipice here. Why do I want more of it? I don't care what the Drive-By story is. I would be honored if the Drive-By Media headlined me all day long: "Limbaugh: I Hope Obama Fails." Somebody's gotta say it."

Now, I certainly don't agree with the above statement. But I do agree with his thinking on this one--I know ,it scares even me.

Because people seem to be shocked that he said this. Why? Why would he be? He's Rush Limbaugh. Of course he wants Obama to fail. I mean, yes, he should be the bigger person--hahaha--and want what's best for the country, but obviously he doesn't believe that Obama's beliefs or practices would benefit the country, so why would he want them put into place or have them succeed? That's like asking one basketball team if they want the team they're playing to win. Some of you might say running a country isn't like playing a game of basketball. Well, turn on C-SPAN and then get back to me on that one.

Rush claims that he shouldn't have to give Obama a chance, because liberals didn't give President Bush a chance.

Guess what? He's right.

I didn't give Bush a chance. I thought he was going to be a failure, and he was. Did I want him to be a failure? Yes.

He wanted an unjustifiable war. I didn't.
He wanted to curb abortion rights. I didn't.
He wanted to allow torture and take away civil liberties. I didn't.

So yes, I wanted him to fail. Am I glad that he failed on a much deeper and more horrible level than even I could have realized? No.

But then again, it's not my fault--I never voted for Bush. Read my bumper sticker if you don't believe me.

And Rush didn't vote for Obama. So if Obama fails, it won't be Rush's fault--this time it'll be on me. You don't fail because someone doesn't give you a chance, you fail because people do give you a chance and you squander it.

Request

Can everyone please stop acting as if President Bush was something that happened to America rather than someone who was voted in--not once, but twice--by people in this country who then turned around and tried to elect someone who voted right along with him only to be defeated just because the democrats finally found someone who could be competent and charming?

I don't mind the "let's put our differences aside" stuff, but I applaud Rush for telling that notion to fuck off. Why should I have to put aside the fact that I'm going to have to pay for what's been happening in this country for the next eight years for triple that amount of time without even so much as a "We were wrong" from the other side? At least Rush has come right out and said what all the other Republicans aren't--

"We still don't think we were wrong."

At least that I could understand. What I don't understand is throwing bipartisan dinners for conservatives who are promising to keep their mouths shut so they don't get eaten by giant liberal hordes roaming DC, all the while probably talking shit about the new President at every behind-closed-doors dinner they can find.

The point is, it doesn't matter what Rush Limbaugh says, but at least he's being honest. He lost, and he's mad that he lost. Why wouldn't he be? I'd be mad too if the way of thinking in the country I was living in not only shifted against me, but everyone who believed that way with me was jumping overboard and leaving me to go down with ship.

I want people to stop saying--"Can we stop taking potshots at each other and start talking about the real problems? The economy is suffering."

Thank you, Captain Obvious. When's the next train to Blatantville?

Can we all just think back eight years ago when everyone knew that Bush was going to be a screw-up and the Republicans told us to unite, and we didn't?

Well, I say we let them do the same thing. If they want to cry and bitch and moan, let them. That's all I've done for the past eight years. No, it didn't do any good, but it a lot of times it seemed like it was all I could do, until November rolled around and I saw the tide change.

Eight years ago, there was a war in this country, and my side lost. And we were made to pay. Now, my side won and everyone's saying unite. I agree, but I still think someone needs to pay for th e past eight years.

Until then, let Rush say whatever he wants.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A List of People Who Can Go to Hell Now That I Can't Have Elizabeth Warren

So today was a rough day for everybody who isn't a @#$%-ing #$%hole. Let's just start there. If that upsets you, by all means, go straight to hell. This entire rant is going to be exactly what it sounds like. I am mad and I am going to exercise my right to BLOG ABOUT IT LIKE IT'S 1995, SO BUCKLE UP, BUTTERCUP. I really don't even know where to start, so let's just jump right in with the first person who comes to mind. Bloomberg, go to hell.  You really didn't have anything specific to do with today, but you can just go to hell for spending an ungodly amount of money on literally nothing.  I mean, you could have lit millions of dollars on fire and at least warmed the hands of the homeless, but instead, you made tv stations across the country that are already owned by Conservatives rich, so kudos to you and go to hell. Amy Klobuchar, I STUCK UP FOR YOU AMY.  I got into FIGHTS on SOCIAL MEDIA while DEFENDING your sorry, self-interested ass.  You know

Theater and the Outbreak

After last week's interview, a representative from a theater that recently experienced the results of opening too soon reached out to speak with me. I want to thank this person for coming forward in the hopes that it'll change some minds about what's safe and what isn't when it comes to the performing arts. Here's the interview: ME:  So this wasn't a full production or-- THEM:  No. It was us trying to do a little something for friends and donors. ME:  Who is 'us?' THEM:  The board of _____. ME:  And how long have you been on the board? THEM:  Three years. ME:  What was this going to be? THEM:  There's a, uh, beautiful park here in town, and we wanted to do an outdoor performance of a Shakespeare as a benefit, because, as you know, theaters are having a hard time right now paying the bills. We checked with the local government and the health department for the state to make sure we were doing everything the way we needed to in order to keep everyone s

People You Know Are More Important Than People You Don't Know

This post is in response to arguing with people--straight and gay alike--about a certain celebrity, whether or not she's an ally, if she's pandering, if pandering matters, and whether or not I'm an asshole. The last part is probably an enthusiastic "Yes" but let's reflect on this for a bit anyway without actually giving more time to an argument about a person none of us know, which is a crucial part of what I want to talk about. People you know are more important than people you don't know. I realize it's tricky in an age where we've never been closer or more engaged to our celebrities to keep in mind that we do not know them, they are not our friends, and while we may love them and stan and feel like we're attacked when they're attacked-- That is not true. That is not real. They are in no tangible way connected to us. Now, as someone who is obsessed with pop culture, I get that it's a little hypocritical for me to be making