Skip to main content

Theater and the Marcie Melee






Before we begin, this is one of those series you want to read in order, so here's the list:






This week's interview is a little different from the others, because originally, "Marcie" had refused to speak with me about any of this.  Most of these interviews were done months ago.

After I published the first interview, she began doing live Facebook videos responding to what was said in my weekly interview.

I then reached out to her again and essentially said "If you can talk this much to the three people watching your videos, why not just talk to me instead?"

She agreed, and we talked over the weekend.

Here's the interview:

ME:  So why did you originally say you didn't want to talk to me?

MARCIE:  Because I think you're looking to start trouble, and I think none of what happened is any of your business.

ME:  Then why did you agree to talk to me now?

MARCIE:  Because you're saying a lot of stuff that's not true, and I think--

ME:  I'm not saying anything that's not true.

MARCIE:  Yes, you are.

ME:  This all happened when I was eleven. I'm asking people to--

MARCIE:  People are saying things that aren't true.

ME:  Okay, so then, get that right.  I'm not saying anything that's not true.  Important to make that--

MARCIE:  But you are the one starting the trouble.

ME:  I'll admit to that. I like a little trouble.

MARCIE:  And you're talking about things personal to me.

ME:  You mean your relationship with Sally and her husband?

MARCIE:  That's one thing.

ME:  Did you have a relationship with the two of them?

MARCIE:  I'm not talking about that.

ME:  So what do you want to talk about?

MARCIE:  The reason I said I would talk is because I was the Treasurer of the theater when we were all there and no money ever went missing. No money was stolen. That is all a lie.

ME:  Why do you think people were saying that money went missing or that Charlie had stolen money?

MARCIE:  Because people don't know how much it costs to do anything. We didn't make a lot of money. We were always trying to fundraise so we could do shows. There wasn't all this money sitting around for the taking.

ME:  People gave me the impression that you were always more on the quiet side. Do you think that's a fair assessment of how you were back then?

MARCIE:  I still think I'm quiet.

ME:  You've been screaming on Facebook Live about me for a month.

MARCIE:  I'm quiet, but I don't take shit.

ME:  What did you think of what was said about the night of the brawl?

MARCIE:  I think most of it was not true. Just like everything else you have people saying.

ME:  Well some of it must be true.

MARCIE:  Charlie and Pigpen got into it.  Sally and Woodstock got into it. Then it was done.

ME:  What about Linus and Schroeder and the broken window?

MARCIE:  They were drunk and goofing around. That's it.

ME:  What about you and Patty in the ladies room?

MARCIE:  What about it?

ME:  Was there an altercation?

MARCIE:  Charlie came in, I remember that. I don't remember after that.

ME:  You don't remember if Charlie left the ladies room bloodied up?

MARCIE:  I don't. It was a long time ago, and I don't live in the past.

ME:  Okay.

MARCIE:  I don't get off on digging up the past for attention like you do.

ME:  Oh I can get off from any kind of attention, not just the kind that comes from digging up the past.

MARCIE:  I'm not surprised to hear that.

ME:  I'm guessing you liked attention too if you moved in with a married couple and still post photos of it.

MARCIE:  I don't post photos of that time.

ME:  You posted a photo of it two weeks ago with the caption 'Miss these two' but I'm interested in the past?  You sound very interested in the past.

MARCIE:  I was looking through old photos.

ME:  Why'd they kick you out?

MARCIE:  They didn't kick me out.

ME:  Well you're not living with them now.

MARCIE:  You want to get me going, don't you?

ME:  I'm just curious.

MARCIE:  You be careful with that curiosity.  It's not like you're hard to find.

ME:  You're not hard to find either, sweetie.

MARCIE:  Don't call me, sweetie.

ME:  Don't threaten me then.

MARCIE:  I'm just telling you to mind your p's and q's, baby.

ME:  You put it all out there anyway, Marcie.  It's all out there.

MARCIE:  It's my business.  You don't know how to mind your business.  That's the problem.

ME:  I know if I was sleeping with a married couple, I'd still be sleeping with them, because I wouldn't have bored them to death.

MARCIE:  Who told you I was boring them to death?

ME:  I talked to Sally, I talked to--

MARCIE:  Why don't you talk to her husband and then you tell me what you find out?

ME:  The husband was the reason you left?

MARCIE:  Her husband got a little too scared of me and what I knew.

ME:  What you knew about what?

MARCIE:  What I knew about the husband and Lucy.  That's what.

ME:  The husband had something going on with Lucy?

MARCIE:  The husband had something going on with Patty and a few of the other women.

ME:  And Lucy?

MARCIE:  And Lucy.

ME:  Why was that a big deal?  Wasn't it an open marriage?

MARCIE:  You can do a lot in an open marriage, but you can't go getting pregnant.

ME:  He got Lucy pregnant?

MARCIE:  Lucy was driving up to see us where we were living before Sally and Rerun moved back to [Name of City] and we couldn't figure out why, because Rerun wasn't anything to write home about, even though I liked him for a little bit before I got sweet on Sally and only Sally, and the next thing you know, Lucy's got a kid.

ME:  She had the kid?

MARCIE:  She had the kid.

ME:  So Lucy has a kid that's Sally's husband's kid?

MARCIE:  Doesn't sound boring, does it?

ME:  Does the kid know?

MARCIE:  I really don't know. I don't talk to those people.

ME:  Is there any truth to Charlie and Pigpen having a relationship?

MARCIE:  I wouldn't know. I didn't give a f___ about Pigpen.

ME:  Did you give a f___ about Charlie?

MARCIE:  He was an okay guy most of the time.

ME:  When you weren't attacking him in the ladies room?

MARCIE:  That would have been Patty, not me.

ME:  That's not what she says.

MARCIE:  Patty doesn't have a memory like I do.

ME:  But you said you didn't remember.

MARCIE:  When I want to remember, I remember it just like it happened.

ME:  Do you know where Charlie is?

MARCIE:  I thought maybe Charlie put you up to all this.

ME:  Why would you think that?

MARCIE:  Because he liked to manipulate people just like you do.

ME:  I bet I'm better at it than he is.

MARCIE:  I'm sure you are.

ME:  So you don't know where he is?

MARCIE:  What I can tell you is that if you don't like being threatened by me, you're going to catch all kinds of hell when Charlie finds out what you're doing. Did you ever talk to Franklin about him?

ME:  I talked to Franklin, but it wasn't anything interesting.

MARCIE:  Then you weren't asking the right questions.

ME:  Oh yeah?

MARCIE:  Why don't you ask Franklin what happened when Charlie caught him spreading a rumor like the ones you're spreading here.

ME:  What was the rumor?

MARCIE:  It had to do with who was coming in and out of Charlie's house every night and Franklin started talking about it and the next thing you know, Charlie's outside his house with a gun.

ME:  With a gun?

MARCIE:  With a shotgun.

ME:  Was he going to kill him?

MARCIE:  Why don't you ask Franklin.  And then you should wrap this up.  Because I wouldn't be surprised if Charlie still has that gun.  And he's probably crazier now than he ever was then.

Marcie works for a home renovation company.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A List of People Who Can Go to Hell Now That I Can't Have Elizabeth Warren

So today was a rough day for everybody who isn't a @#$%-ing #$%hole. Let's just start there. If that upsets you, by all means, go straight to hell. This entire rant is going to be exactly what it sounds like. I am mad and I am going to exercise my right to BLOG ABOUT IT LIKE IT'S 1995, SO BUCKLE UP, BUTTERCUP. I really don't even know where to start, so let's just jump right in with the first person who comes to mind. Bloomberg, go to hell.  You really didn't have anything specific to do with today, but you can just go to hell for spending an ungodly amount of money on literally nothing.  I mean, you could have lit millions of dollars on fire and at least warmed the hands of the homeless, but instead, you made tv stations across the country that are already owned by Conservatives rich, so kudos to you and go to hell. Amy Klobuchar, I STUCK UP FOR YOU AMY.  I got into FIGHTS on SOCIAL MEDIA while DEFENDING your sorry, self-interested ass.  You know

Theater and the Outbreak

After last week's interview, a representative from a theater that recently experienced the results of opening too soon reached out to speak with me. I want to thank this person for coming forward in the hopes that it'll change some minds about what's safe and what isn't when it comes to the performing arts. Here's the interview: ME:  So this wasn't a full production or-- THEM:  No. It was us trying to do a little something for friends and donors. ME:  Who is 'us?' THEM:  The board of _____. ME:  And how long have you been on the board? THEM:  Three years. ME:  What was this going to be? THEM:  There's a, uh, beautiful park here in town, and we wanted to do an outdoor performance of a Shakespeare as a benefit, because, as you know, theaters are having a hard time right now paying the bills. We checked with the local government and the health department for the state to make sure we were doing everything the way we needed to in order to keep everyone s

People You Know Are More Important Than People You Don't Know

This post is in response to arguing with people--straight and gay alike--about a certain celebrity, whether or not she's an ally, if she's pandering, if pandering matters, and whether or not I'm an asshole. The last part is probably an enthusiastic "Yes" but let's reflect on this for a bit anyway without actually giving more time to an argument about a person none of us know, which is a crucial part of what I want to talk about. People you know are more important than people you don't know. I realize it's tricky in an age where we've never been closer or more engaged to our celebrities to keep in mind that we do not know them, they are not our friends, and while we may love them and stan and feel like we're attacked when they're attacked-- That is not true. That is not real. They are in no tangible way connected to us. Now, as someone who is obsessed with pop culture, I get that it's a little hypocritical for me to be making